Good Times!!

Good Times!!
Featuring The Robbins

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reminiscing

Last night I started a trip down memory lane on youtube. I was listening to my favs, like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. I even remembered most of the lyrics to their songs, cause of course I still have their albums on cassette. Before I knew it, all of my kids came over to sit and watch with me all these older videos. This past year I took my older daughter to see Miley Cyrus, which was a big deal to her. She really put on a pretty entertaining concert. I noticed while we were watching Debbie Gibson's videos at her concerts that her and Miley shared a lot of similarities. She and Miley were about the same age and they wore some of the same style of outfits. Their stage performance was similar too. So pretty much what comes around goes around. Things change, like technology allows for more impressive concerts, but styles of clothes and music repeat themselves a lot. I would say that our family really appreciates music. My husband plays the guitar and he has played in a band. And I was always involved with Choir, whether it was at school or at church. We love sharing music with our children. Thanks to youtube, they generally find songs of our past that we have forgotten about. They are taken by "Axel F" and "Video Killed the Radio Star". It is funny to see their reactions when they think they have discovered something new and my husband and/or I recognize it. My son loves the Eagles and he got to see them in concert a few years back on their reunion tour. He will never forget that. I have to drag my husband to see Kenny Chesney with me every time he comes to town. He doesn't mind he really likes going too. I go with him to his David Allen Coe concerts. It is nice to have something we can all enjoy together. It is finding those gold nuggets in life that helps us keep common ground with our families. I added a video box to this page to share some of my favorite songs over the years. I hope you can enjoy listening to some of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment