Good Times!!

Good Times!!
Featuring The Robbins

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Midlife Crisis or Just a Reboot on Life?

   Some say when you do something out of the ordinary when you reach a certain age, that there is something wrong with you. Maybe when that something is rather extreme, it might be seem like a crisis. I know that as we get older we tend to look back more than forward in our lives. We want to cherish and hold onto what we left behind. There is a lot to be said that a lot of things are wasted on the youth. You don't realize the value of time and energy when you are young...you just enjoy it. Maybe that is what makes it such a carefree experience. If we focused on losing that as a youth we made not enjoy it as much at the time. Now I am just rambling..sorry.
Since all of my kids are going to be in school all day this year; for the first time in 12 years I will have some time to myself five days of the week. With this new found freedom I saw that I was able to have a vehicle that was not so mommy-fied, but somewhat carefree.
I have always loved convertibles and had one up until I was pregant with my second child. There is something about driving without a top on the car with all of nature open to your viewing. The beautiful blue skies and puffy white clouds in the day. And the open dark skies starfilled at night.  The car I got is a black Mustang convertible.
My husband commented to me that guys usually go for the black motorcycles to rebel and he guess womens version of that is a black sporty convertible. I am seriously going to get a nameplate that reads Rebel on the front. I turn 40 this year and I started coloring my hair blond as a way to rebel against old age and this is just another way to rebel..lol 
The car group I started back in my hometown had great success because there are a lot of us out there that wanted to go back and live it up a little more. We didn't want to just roll over and die or say well that's that. We actually feel younger when given the opportunity to act it. No crime in that. Hanging out with friends  and sporting a cool car gives you a boost in life. So my thoughts here are plain and simple ...don't give up living until you absolutely have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment