Good Times!!

Good Times!!
Featuring The Robbins

Monday, June 4, 2012

Mother of The Year 2034

This year I was a snoopy mom. I read my daughter's text messages. When I find her old notebooks, I read poems she has written in them. Why do I do this? Because my daughter does not open up to me about  how she feels unless she is angry about something and then she automatically accuses me of not caring about her. I will not be voted "Mother of the Year" this year.   I don't care if she gets mad at me for being snoopy. See she has had a friend take his life and another friend try to take hers. At 13 you are sensitive to everything 10 times more than when you are 28.  I worry about things like suicide becoming a trend. I will do whatever I can to help her through her teen years, especially these tender ones.
   We don't always agree on clothes or music, but we often find common ground on movies and tv shows.  She seems to get upset if I like the music she likes. I think she is happier when she finds the kind that annoys me. We both need help through these teen years.
   Sometimes she wants to be treated older and other times she resents when you act like she is older. Knowing when to treat her the age she wants when she wants is the puzzle.  Maybe if I had more time to devote to her. A lot of the time she is okay with being a sister to three others, but then there are times she doesn't like that either.  I pray that God will instill in her the confidence and motivation she needs to find happiness.
   When she is the mother of a teenager someday, then she will be able to look back and understand what I went through. I hope then she can appreciate how much I loved her and wanted to protect her at whatever the cost. She will see for most of the time that she thought that I was unfair and didn't care was when I cared the most. She will see when I said no and she resented me for it, that her safety meant more than her happiness at the time. The sacrifices made to help guide her right, while risking our relationship. They were all made so she will live to have the opportunity to be a mom someday down the road to her own teenager.
   She will then understand the value of a loving parent and will say my mother is the "Mother of the Year"! It might take to the year 2034, but it will be worth the wait if my parenting pays off.
  Good luck to all the mothers of the world especially through times of crisis you go through with your children. I pray God gives you and me strength and wisdom to carry us through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment