Good Times!!

Good Times!!
Featuring The Robbins

Monday, February 8, 2010

What is true love?

   I believe we all have our own version or meaning of what true love is. It all stems from what we are passionate about.  Some find true love through security while others might say security is the trap that keeps us from seeking out to find true love.  I wrote a poem many years ago that I believe helped me to define it in several variations.  It pretty much is a quest that you dare to conquer.  First I questioned what is was in order to define it. Then I expressed desperation to find it.  And finally I am confident I know what it is and long to have it.  My poem "What Is True Love" is posted on my poetry blog heartimpressionsbydarla.blogspot.com.  I love sharing that poem with people because I think I captured the meaning accidentally by just putting words together to rhyme.  It is so neat when answers just sneak up on us.  It's when you go looking for them they seem so hard to find.  Pretty much like finding true love.
   In the times we live in I believe we become pretty self-centered because we have been pushed in that direction for so long.  "Be all that you can be". "The world is your oyster." "You can have it all".  I truly believe the Bible captured the true meaning where it says "Love one another as you love yourself" and "..Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  I believe we can find true love when we are able to give our love unconditionally.  Then we reap what we sew.  
   I wouldn't say that I believe in Karma, cause I wasn't raised that way. I do believe in faith though. And I put a lot of faith in good things come to those who wait and believe they will.  I believe God gives us the desires of our hearts.  To some this all may sound too much like fairy tales, but if you never believe in something it's like you never have anything to look forward to.  It can be a risk and you might get your heart broken along the way, but I believe finding true love is worth it.  Go now to heartimpressionsbydarla.blogspot.com and find the answer to what true love is.  May you find that special love in your lifetime..and when you do don't let it slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment